Senior Project Manager
We’re looking for a Senior Project Manager who’s skilled at managing the myriad details of creative, interactive and digital projects—from kickoff to delivery. This entails juggling day-to-day work, defining priorities and resources, tracking budgets and schedules, identifying risks, and resolving conflicts.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for all internal aspects of client projects including, but not limited to, the creation and maintenance of accurate project timelines, communication of milestones, deadlines and deliverables and appropriate allocation of resources within the project plan during its lifetime. In this capacity, they coordinate and collaborate with colleagues, including division directors, account executives, media planners and buyers, copywriters, designers and administrative staff, assessing the workload of the account team to ensure that client strategies and tasks are completed in time and within budget.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide day-to-day client support, technical assistance and project management of specific client accounts.
- Schedule and attend meetings when appropriate.
- Develop estimates and proposals.
- Collaborate with the account, creative and media departments, as well as the traffic manager and PR/social media team.
- Work closely with division directors, account executives, creative directors, PR/social media director and media director.
- Ensure that creative briefs are complete and understood internally to ensure campaign ideas and strategies are effective and targeted to the right audiences.
- Manage the scheduling and flow of client projects, work within the established agency systems and controls, and be accountable for:
- Budgets that are fair to both the client and agency
- Realistic timelines that allow for sufficient resources and creative thinking.
- Up-to-date production schedules, timelines and authorizations for clients.
- Project schedules to balance the teams’ workload and hours.
- Project scope documents and contribution to creative briefs.
- New job openings on select client accounts.
- Analyze and interpret a variety of client metrics and information to evaluate campaign effectiveness.
- Participate in internal account team reviews.
- Stay well versed in all aspects of assigned accounts and client projects.
- Five to seven years of project management experience in an advertising agency or a related field.
- Proficient in utilizing project management softwares, such as Workamajig.
- Understand the components of successful digital projects.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment with many different personalities.
- Experience forecasting resource conflicts based on client expectations and needs.
- Ability to negotiate deadlines and plans as required.
- Ability to provide mentorship to peers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid organizational skills, including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Energetic, approachable and enthusiastic.